Stay on top of news and updates on data privacy, digital media and nonprofit fundraising.
- ChatGPT’s latest update fuels publishers’ concerns about AI chatbots siphoning trafficby Sara Guaglione on October 2, 2023 at 4:01 am
Now that ChatGPT users can surf the internet for information, some publishers are reconsidering the weight of the issue.
- AI Briefing: Celebrity bots, ChatGPT gets new senses, and moreby Marty Swant on October 2, 2023 at 4:01 am
As Meta makes celebrity-like chatbots, ChatGPT learned to "hear," "see" and "speak" while Spotify is piloting AI-translated podcasts.
- The DoJ’s antitrust battle with Google underlines Big Tech’s preference for secrecy, a growing bugbear for advertisersby Ronan Shields on October 2, 2023 at 4:01 am
The legal battle sees Apple and Google et al attempt to conceal their inner workings, developments that mirror the experience of their media customers.
- Publishers weigh generative AI’s pros and cons during the Digiday Publishing Summitby Tim Peterson on October 2, 2023 at 4:01 am
The publishers who attended DPS were focused on the potential upsides of applying the technology to their operations while guarding against the downsides.
- Digiday+ Research deep dive: Agencies find Meta’s platforms aren’t worth the investmentby Julia Tabisz on October 2, 2023 at 4:01 am
When it comes to agencies, both of Meta's older sibling social media platforms may be past their primes.
- As $12 billion 2024 political spending cycle nears, Stagwell partners with RealClearPoliticsby Antoinette Siu on October 2, 2023 at 4:01 am
As agencies prepare for record political spending in 2024, Stagwell is gearing up for the election with new partnerships, products and ad spending predictions.
- Media Buying Briefing: Here are five areas affecting agencies we’ll discuss at the Media Buying Summitby Michael Bürgi on October 2, 2023 at 4:01 am
The Summit offers a chance to share insights and knowledge around the media agency business, which is doing its best to adapt to tectonic change in the media business.
- Meta adds a human element to AI, while others warn it all could be too ‘human like’by Marty Swant on September 29, 2023 at 4:01 am
New features include a new chatbot called MetaAI, Bing search integration, new AI image tools, and dozens of celebrity characters.
- Albertsons’ Argyilan on why retail media needs to standardize measurement, industry terminologyby Michael Bürgi on September 29, 2023 at 4:01 am
The gold rush to monetize the hills of first-party data has created a glut of inventory and a lot of varied approaches to selling.
- With Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour movie, Cinema advertisers hope for a Q4 boostby Kristina Monllos on September 29, 2023 at 4:01 am
The concert film will likely help build on cinema advertising's momentum after Barbenheimer.
- Why Activision Blizzard Media is using an Attention Measurement Scorecard to raise marketers’ confidence in gamingby Alexander Lee on September 29, 2023 at 4:01 am
In Q4 of this year, Activision Blizzard Media is launching in beta a new measurement tool dubbed the Attention Measurement Scorecard. The goal: to raise brands’ and marketers’ confidence in in-game advertising.
- Snapchat sunsets its AR Enterprise division as it vows to give advertisers AR toolsby Julian Cannon on September 29, 2023 at 4:01 am
“We are not diminishing the importance of AR,” he said. "In fact, we are strategically reallocating resources to strengthen our endeavors in AR advertising and to elevate the fundamental AR experiences provided to Snapchat users."
- Why publishers are questioning the effectiveness of blocking AI web crawlersby Sara Guaglione on September 29, 2023 at 4:01 am
Publishers are unsure if blocking AI web crawlers is enough to protect their content from being scraped and used to feed AI tools and systems.
- Why security, scalability and a data-driven mindset are crucial for enterprise analyticsby Piwik PRO on September 28, 2023 at 2:38 pm
While building privacy-friendly and sustainable digital analytics setups can be daunting for any organization, larger/enterprise businesses have additional aspects that make this process even more complex. For example, as these large organizations seek relationships with new vendors, they face extra data security and privacy scrutiny. And, due to their size, they tend to have a
- Why advertisers are adding attention metrics to content-based targetingby Channel Factory on September 28, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Roxy Ziatabari, senior vice president, strategy and client solutions, Channel Factory The advertising industry has long relied on metrics such as click-through rates and impressions to measure campaign success. Combining these with sales from any advertising campaign allows advertisers and brands to discern their ROI. However, these metrics miss an essential first step. Capturing — and
Whitepapers, Resources & Further News:
Our business often changes overnight. Get our take on the latest policies, news, and updates on digital media and the potential impact on your fundraising program.
Timely from the Archives